How do I configure social bookmarks?
Social Bookmarks can be enabled on any Page, Article, or product. Social Bookmarks allow visitors to quickly share content to many social sites including Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter ShoutCMS is pre-configured with Social Bookmarks from three different services providers. You can customize each of theses and add more bookmark links from the Settings Area.
Add Social Bookmarks to a Page
- Create or modify a Page, Article, Product or Category.
- Scroll down to expand the Additional Options tab and then the Social Bookmarking tab.
- Select the Social Bookmark you wish to use from the drop down menu.
Add or Modify New Social Bookmarks in the Settings Area
IMPORTANT: Before adding a new Bookmark, you must first acquire code from a Social Bookmark Provider. Developers and designers can insert their own code if available.
- Go to the Settings Area.
- Click on Social Bookmarking.
- Click the Orange button "Add Social Bookmark".
- Name your Bookmark in the field "Template Name". Typically this would be the name of the service provider.
- Paste the code that was provided to you into the Content Editor (using the source view).
- Click Save.