How do I setup my Blackberry smartphone?
This article explains how to configure a ShoutCMS email account on a Blackberry smartphone.
Add and configure the e-mail account
- Using a web browser, navigate to your webmail landing page at http://webmail.yourdomain.com where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your website. Make note of the name of your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers (e.g. mail4.shoutcms.net).
- From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the Email Account Set-up page, enter your full email address (email@example.com) but leave the Password: field BLANK. Select Next.
- You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [firstname.lastname@example.org].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
- Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
- You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [email@example.com] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
- In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
- In the 'Email server:' field, enter: the name of the Incoming Mail Server noted in Step 1. Then select Next.
- If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
- Below your newly added email address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
- Select Save.
Ensure Proper Configuration
There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your email address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
- Open the mailbox icon.
- Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Confirm the following settings:
- Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
- Wireless Reconcile: On
- On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
- Select Save.