How do I setup Microsoft Outlook 2007?
This article explains how to configure Microsoft Outlook 2007 to work with your ShoutCMS email account.
Add and configure the e-mail account
- Using a web browser, navigate to your webmail landing page at http://webmail.yourdomain.com where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your website. Make note of the name of your Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers (for example, mail4.shoutcms.net).
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, click New.
- In the Add New E-mail Account dialog box, click IMAP click Next.
- Configure the new e-mail account manually, follow these steps in the Add New E-mail Account dialog box:
- Click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
- Click Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, follow these steps:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your full e-mail address.
- Under Server Information, click the type of e-mail account that you have in the Account Typebox.
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter your Incoming Mail Server (noted from step 1).
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter your Outgoing Mail Server (noted from step 1).
- Under Logon Information, follow these steps:
- In the User Name box, type your full email address.
- In the Password box, type the password.If you want Outlook to remember your e-mail account password, click to select the Remember password check box.
- Click More Settings to open the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- Click the Servers tab, and then click to select the My server requires authentication check box.
- Click Apply, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) box, type 465. (Note By default, the SMTP port number is 25).
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings. This feature will confirm that the email is setup properly by sending a test email to the account.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.