Product Codes are comprised of 5 different pieces of information - SKU, Code, Vendor Code, Manufacturer Selection and Manufacturer Code. Each field helps to identify the product and are used when searching for a product.
Note: Filling in Product Codes are Optional and will not affect product ordering if left blank.
In this article you will learn how to:
- Add Product Codes
Action Steps to Add or Modify Product Codes:
- Start by modifying a Product
- Click the Product Options tab
- Expand the Product Code's tab
- Fill in the following Fields:
- SKU: The SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) is a set of numbers used to identify a product. SKU's are searchable by visitors to your site. SKU is visible to site visitors if entered.
Code: Code can be used as a secondary way to identify a product different from the SKU or Vendor Code. Code is NOT visible to site visitors if entered.
Vendor Code: Vendor Code's may exist if provided by your Vendors. Vendor Code is visible to site visitors if entered.
- Manufacturer (Drop Down Selection): Before you select the manufacturer of this product you must first add them in Settings > Store Preferences > Manufacturers. Manufacturer selection is NOT visible to site visitors if entered.
- Manufacturer Code: Is a code given to the product by the manufacturer. Manufacturer Code is visible to site visitors if entered.